CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

D's trip to the ER


Demitri decided it was a good idea to climb on the nightstand. Just as I was telling him to get down, he fell and bit his tongue. The result was a 2cm laceration that needed 3 stitches. We had to sedate him to get the stitces in but the other choice was 2 weeks of letting the tongue heal on its own. No thanks. He did really well but had a minor allergic reaction to the ketamine that they used to sedate him. His face got all swollen and blotchy. I still can't believe my son has had two sets of stitches before he turned three. I think I am going to be in the ER a lot in the next 16 years.



3 comments:

Joanna said...

D. You and I need to have a chat. STOP doing this to your mama! My goodness!

Leah, you are an amazing mom and I hope that you have used up all of your ER trips for the next few years and beyond. I'm glad he's ok but how scary!

I hope you guys are doing well! I owe you an email... as soon as I get my life in order, I'll send you one. Miss you!

Jessica Ryan said...

awww poor D! Mwah!!!

Andrea said...

OUCH!!! I feel like it is just inevitable that I will end up in the ER with Diego in the near future. Hope D is getting all healed up by now. HUGS