CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Demitri has the POX!

My little man ...my little vaccinated man...has been attacked by the chicken pox montser. How can this be??? How can a kid who has been poked and prodded by needles in order to become immune still get the nasty disease? Well, its called BREAKTHROUGH CHICKEN POX , my pediatrician says he doesnt see it too often but I have spoken to a few mothers today alone that have had vaccinated kids get the pox more than once.

Good news: Breakthrough chicken pox is usually milder than regular chicken pox. Woohoo for us.

Here is a picture of Demitri as we waited in the outer waiting room at the pediatrician today. We had to be taken in thru the file room. Demitri insisted on wearing his helmet, he said that it needed a checkup too.


7 comments:

Midwest Miscellany said...

I hope he gets better soon and won't feel too miserable and itchy!

Joanna said...

Oh no! Poor D! But, the good news is we will be arriving uninvited in 5 hours so the kids can play together and get the pox from D. I want them over and done, lol! See you soon! ROFL!

Seriously though, I hope he feels better soon and that you are able to keep him happy and occupied. The pox suck!

girlsmom said...

Oh no! I hope it is a very mild case for him!

Jen said...

Oh no! Say it ain't so! Give him a smooch for me - I hope his case is very very very mild.

Shannon said...

Poor Demitri! I hope he feels better soon. But more importantly, did his helmet get a clean bill of health? J/K. Miss you too, Leah!

Jessica Ryan said...

I will bring all 3 to the Pox Party! LOL.... kidding asside. Poor, poor D. Hope he feels better soon!

Jean said...

Aack - poor D!!! I hope he's feeling better soon!!